(ESPN) LAS VEGAS -- A 21-year-old man claims boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. directed his bodyguards to attack him at a Las Vegas casino last year after the man asked about a long-awaited showdown with Manny Pacquiao, according to a lawsuit filed Friday in state court in Las Vegas.
The lawsuit alleges Mayweather's bodyguards attacked Anthony Cliff of Las Vegas near a valet parking stand at the Palms Casino Resort on March 27, 2010, after Mayweather accused Cliff of "disrespecting" him.
Mayweather's bodyguards allegedly struck Cliff in the face, slamming his head into the ground. They then kicked him repeatedly in his back and side, the lawsuit says.
Mayweather's attorney did not respond Monday to a request for comment. A spokesman for the Palms said casino officials do not comment on pending litigation.